2014-05-08

Spring Perennials in Merritt

Copyright: Heidi I. Koehler
The first week of May is almost over and usually planting starts in Merritt around this time. We are about 2 weeks behind the lower mainland and a week behind Spences Bridge is my guess.
Perennials are in bloom in my garden. The miniature iris's my friend Sally gave me almost 5 years ago finally have a permanent home in a flower bed and it's the first year they actually had a chance to shine. 

Likewise the tulips actually have stems instead of stubs to hold their flowers. I have to be honest and say that I shifted things around so much since starting the beds that the bulbs always had a rough go of it- I wasn't all that fond of tulips to begin with. But looking at them now I actually like them.


No comments:

Post a Comment